Being from Metro Detroit, I grew up around some great delis but never liked egg salad (or tuna salad, or corned beef). And then one day, for some reason, all that changed. Thank God.
I’ve been futzing with the recipe lately, but here’s my most recent version on the classic egg salad. A nice reminder that simple can be great.
- 1/3-1/2 cup low fat mayo
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 shakes of paprika
- 8-10 hard-boiled eggs (I use only half of the yolks), chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 3 green onions
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together, adjust amounts to your taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Source: Jamie Harbron of Prosciutto Happiness