This is what I was making when “Prosciutto Happiness” came to me. It was 4th of July, we were barbecuing, and I wanted to use up the rest of the prosciutto. There were figs in the fridge and bamboo skewers in front of me. The combination was simple, and the pun just popped into my head. Sweet, savory, simple, and scrumptious—the philosophy of my cooking and blog rolled up into this appetizer.
- Fresh figs
- Bamboo skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice figs in half.
- Cut prosciutto into 1″ thick strips.
- Wrap prosciutto slices around figs, and put on skewers.
- Put on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Source: Jamie Harbron of Prosciutto Happiness